Sunday, April 6, 2008

Easter

I got the dreaded question this year from Jacob..."Mom...is the Easter Bunny real or do you and Dad just fill the basket up? And what about Santa...do you and dad do that too?" As my heart sank, I knew it was time to tell him the truth. He had asked some questions at Christmas last year but I could tell he wasn't sure what to think. He is smart enough to figure out that a man in a red suit, nor a bunny rabbit, can make it to every house in one night. So, after I swore him to secrecy (for Catherine's sake), I told him everything. His first question was, "WOW MOM...how did you find the Wii???". After I told him that I paid extra for it on Ebay, I got a big hug and a genuine thank you. I guess that I traded the magic in for some appreciation, not a bad deal. After we got all the questions answered, he wanted to help fill Catherine's Easter basket.
Easter morning wasn't quite the same for sure but he did play along for Catherine so he kept his end of the deal. Here are some pictures from Easter (notice the snow in the back ground):









No comments: